These Greek Bowls are easy to prepare, loaded with nutritious ingredients and packed with flavor! Give a try to this Mediterranean-inspired dish and burrito bowls the night off. Top with your favorite protein like chicken, steak, falafel or shrimp. We’ll say it now, these make #sad desk lunches a thing of the past, so you may want to consider making a double batch!
Easy Greek Bowls –
3 cups cooked quinoa
3 cups cooked chickpeas (~2 cans)
3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 cups cucumbers, chopped
1 cup red onion, chopped
30 Kalamata olives, pitted (~5 oz jar)
⅓ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
⅓ cup fresh oregano, chopped
⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
⅓ cup feta, crumbled
Optional: protein of your choice (we used sliced chicken breast)
1 cup olive oil
6 T lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced (~2 tsp)
2 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
- Whip the dressing together or you can put it in a jar and shake until emulsified.
- Put together all the ingredients of salad in a bowl, toss with dressing and you can serve them.
- This can be easily packed for lunches too.
- If you like more greens, then you can add chopped spinach and romaine in it.
- Cooked cauliflower rice, regular rice, or couscous can be easily substituted for the quinoa.